We are in the start-up phase of this apostolate and we are looking for People of God who will take the initiative of starting a Cupertino Aviation Club in their location.
The degree of difficulty in starting a Club depends on the type of club being started. The most complicated to start is a flying club. That said, we at Headquarters will provide all the assistance get your club formed and operating. We will provide you with the promotional materials to advertise the formation of a club, the legal guidance to establish the club and the policies and procedures to guide you in club management. We will also provide with the names of those in your local area who have registered with CAA and indicated a desire to be in a club.
The only requirements for leading a Club are that you want to share your interest in aviation, witness to the Good News of Jesus Christ and be a practicing Catholic in good standing with your local Church.
The basic steps to forming a Club are:
- Advertise/promote your new chapter with a notice in your church bulletin, flyers, email, post cards and invitations at local airports, flight schools, aviation and aerospace company lounges, churches, college/university aviation department bulletin boards and anywhere else you think potential members may be. (Be sure to get permission before post any information to private bulletin boards.)
- Gather together a core group of people who will commit to establishing the club with you.
- Hold a formation meeting. At the meeting you should decide where and when you will meet, who will be the officers, and who will be the Club contact person for the CAA website directory.
- Obtain an Employment Identification Number
- Write you Bylaws
- Obtain IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt status
- Set up administrative and operational procedures
- Acquire necessary equipment to operate
- Notify CAA Headquarters once the Club is formed.
- Obviously, this is a daunting list of things to do. Be assured, CAA Headquarters will help you walk all the way through the process.
If you would like more information or are interested in starting a Club, click Here.